Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Sunday, April 24

How to walk/run a 5k


On November 23, 2010 I turned 30 and went to the gym for the
first time in my life. I also JOGGED for the first time. I had been working out
at home and I had no idea I had conditioned myself to the point where I could jog!
At that point I fell in love with running and I joined the gym so I could run
three times a week, about a week later I decided I wanted to walk/run a 5K in
the next year. Well, I live in New Orleans and in January someone was talking
about the Crescent City Classic, a 10K road race that takes place in April. I
was game! In February I got a friend to agree to do it with me and we trained
at the gym (her in a city about two hours away) and kept each other up dated.

As the day came I researched hydration and eating and went
it as well prepared as I could have been! It was one of the most awesome things
I have ever done! I finished in one hour and twenty-six minutes. My original
goal was two hours; my updated goal had been an hour and a half. Both were
blown away! I have a 5K in May and I plan on doing MANY more!

It took me 5 months.


It made me amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Followers