Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Monday, May 30

Top 5 foods:

So over on LoseIt they compile a list of the five foods you use the most. Right now my list is:

Let's take a closer look. Bunny Light Wheat buns are 70 calories and so good. The almond milk I use is original unsweetened for 35 calories a cup, it's so creamy and tasty and when I need a sweet treat I add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and one Splenda. So freaking good! Iceberg lettuce is 10 calories a cup. I use it as a filler on days when I have few calories left but need a "big" meal. (I feel it bares mentioning that big meals are just proportionally correct meals as opposed to a light snack or shake reserved for days when I don't work out and don't have many calories left for dinner.) I also use it to dress up sandwiches. I swear a turkey sandwich becomes a deli delight when smeared with a Laughing Cow Swiss cheese light wedge and topped with fresh, cold, crunchy lettuce! Oh look, that brought us to the next thing the light Swisd cheese. I do so much with these and they can take the place of cheese AND mayo on your sandwich at only 35 calories it's a steal really. Finally, the always present egg white. I use real egg white, not the Egg Beaters. Theay are 17ish calories a piece for a large egg white and I scramble, I add spinach and a cheese wedge and cook like a crust-less quiche, I fry them and use them on sandwiches... The possibilities are endless!
At first when I saw this top five feature I was like, that's not a fair representation of the foods I eat. Only it is. There was a forum topic on LoseIt that asked if you could only bring five foods to an island which would it be. I would have probably over thought and chose wrong, but these would be them. They allow for such diversity and make breakfast, lunch, dinner an snacks that are both tasty and low calories! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers