Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Tuesday, October 4

I'm really gonna try... here's my (hopeful) plan.

I want to establish some new blog goals. Honestly, lately I have been a slacker. My weight has reached a point where caloric-ly speaking I am going to stay, I think. What I mean is that if I eat 1200 calories a day I drop weight, but the second I go to 1600-1800 which is well within (maybe even a bit lower) maintenance for me I go back up 3-5 pounds to 137-140. I have decided that may well be my bodies "natural" weight. I say "natural" because in actuality I have excess skin which I have read can weigh between 4-7 pounds, in some cases 15 - though I don't think that's me. Also, I was really upset with the wild fluctuation, at first. Then I realized that something strange was going on. Ready? When I was at 145-140 during my original weight loss I was a TIGHT size 8 in my jeans and a size 10 in my dresses. Now as I fluctuate between 135-140ish I not only am in a comfy size 7/8 in my jeans (I even have a size 6 and have tried on several size 6 pants I just didn't buy because I am not working now) BUT I just bought (because I needed) a beautiful, fitted Calvin Klein dress in a size 8, and while I was picking it out I realized that I am now a dress size 8 across the board. So, though my weight goes up my body is still getting smaller. People, lately, get all bent about my "losing too much" and "looking too thin" they think I have lost ten or so pounds over the summer and honestly i have been playing around at the same weight for months. Here's what I think - 1) I am building my core - my muscles and when they are torn and swollen the number goes up a bit. 2) My arthritis - swelling and fluid retention - the number on the scale reflects this more obviously due to the fact that I am smaller. 3) Some fluctuation is just plain NORMAL!!!
Here's the hope:
Less videos, more BLOGS!!!
Tasty Tuesdays (starting today.)
Friday 5
Football Food! (Sundays)
Through 43things.com:
Weekly Meetings (Saturday or Sunday)
Workout Updates (as always)
More health updates.
More random musing and food bitch-ness.
More visits from all those who live in my head! (Yay.)

Anyway, there is the plan and I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers