Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Wednesday, October 5

The best ever!

October Challenge: Week 1; # 3

So it’s not the super hard core 600 calories an hour elliptical, and it wasn’t the hip hop infused 400 calories and hour Zumba class. It was, however, the most beautiful workout I have had in – possibly forever. Today I went for a 200, actually a less than 200 calorie a 197 calorie, bike ride. I went out to the water, in the pink setting sunshine, with an October breeze and my most amazing bike! I went with my Daddy which was nostalgic and sweet. I marveled over my new body, this body that about a year ago tried to go ride bikes with my dad and couldn’t make myself go for more that 15 minutes. This body that I have worked and trained and wanted my whole life, that can take a four mile bike ride and not even think. It was literally like walking out to then end of my drive for the mail!
None of that is what was the most amazing part. What made this the workout I will remember my whole life is that my daughter. My heart and soul learned how to ride her bike – without training wheels last Saturday and today, her second day riding, she was with me.
Mastering the mount and pedal, mastering up and down the sidewalk, mastering in and out of the grass, and KILLING the fall down and get back up!
More than all of those beautiful things, my baby, who is a Pokemon game freak and a computer whiz, was out there – four miles – next to me. Pink cheeked, deep breathing, working – striving – laughing and loving it. As we pulled up to the house she looked at me, proud and excited and said, “We should do this more often, like everyday!”
We will, maybe not everyday, but we will often! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers