Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Tuesday, November 29

Our 5 Minute Move sessions.

It’s hard, you know, to have your kids move and play. The world it WAY harsh and you you can’t just let little girls go off and play. Anything could happen. Also, I am lucky to home school. When your kids are in school, like mine were, there is hardly time for anything and school doesn’t have them actually play. I used to drop my kids to before care at 7:30 in the morning and pick them up at 5:30 in the evening. We got home at 6:00 and had to complete assignments, study, bath, have dinner (which needed to be prepared.) If you get them to be even at 9pm where is the time to “play” for 60 minutes? It isn’t there.
Well, I started doing this really fun thing for myself way back when I worked (WAY back – lol!) I have Fibromyalgia and it cause my body to ache when I move, this is worse if I am not mobile very often. So after 4 hours at my desk walking felt like hell. I started doing a Zumba dance once and hour. It really helped. Now that I home school I set the timer for 55 minutes, when it goes off I set it for 5 and we spend that time alternating stretches, cardio, movement and just plain silliness. To make sure everyone is back to “serious school behavior” afterward the kids are told they will miss our next 5 Minute Move if they don’t behave! They love it so much they snap back, even better they are awake, alert and full of life!
We spend 6-7 hours a day with school, so that ads up to 30-35 minutes. Plus, we have a 20 minute recess after lunch (outside if available) and a 15-20 minute play time after school if it’s not too late.
It’s a really good feeling, and I feel like it’s just the beginning. With my oldest now riding a bike, we will have even more healthy, happy MOVE time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers