Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Thursday, May 27

Home vs. Work - Round One

I was talking to a very dear friend of mine, a lifer (you might say as we've been amazing friends for over ten years now,) and I was expressing how I believe that being home all day is actually better for my WW effort than being at work. That used to be reversed.See the first time I WW I was young and lived with an asshole who told me that everything I did was shit. If I drew a picture, he could have done it better. If I cooked a meal, it tasted like feet. Real jerk, but love is nothing if not tolerant (especially young, stupid, blind, desperate love.) Anyway, I went to the store and bought up frozen dinners and ate boiled eggs. I worked out and kept busy. At home, just sitting, I ate.
Now, I am older and with a new partner who, while not completely asshole free, is amazing at being super supportive and kind and she encouraged me to cook again a couple of years ago. I had asked her to make a pizza for me from a recipe that I had found in a Rachael Ray cook book. She said, "Just go to the store, buy what it says and follow the directions." I did, and it was the first of many A-mazing pizzas I now cook. Only over time I learned to trust myself, switch things up - follow flavor instinct. I cook things from recipes and from my own thoughts. I am an awesome cook! Proof:Back to the point, you say. Well, alright then, I answer, the point is that now that I can cook and I like cooking it is easier to be home and cook good, healthy, low point meals. On a weekend I eat at home and I eat things that taste and look like they are coming from a restaurant. But running around all day and I eat crappy snacks and a a quick lunch (which has been amazing sandwich but still!) I just wish I had more time to prepare my food, and be with my kids, and sleep and - well, pretty much live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Followers