Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Thursday, September 30

Today was a 4 or 5 - is a 3.

I am crawling, dear friends, from the depths of a week that has been demoralizing and inhuman. I am using the bloody nubs of finger tips to slowly make my way back to life, to all the beauty of life. I woke this morning and put on one of my dresses, thought to me “Why not? Why not let the dress remind you of who you are, LittleFAT and where you are going?” So I did. I put on my favorite and low, and behold – I felt somehow better. Oh, the sun will shine! Oh, the cool front is coming! Oh, the heat of the south and all you hate are melting away!
And then, I can’t – I can’t bring myself to say it. Then, as up make your way to pack your purse – Kindle in hand – you turn and almost-step on the small brown tail of your beautiful Siamese Molly, you re-adjust to find the under your feet you are swarmed by all the warm, loving, beauties you cannot count and you fall. Before you can even register the pain in your knee you realize that your Kindle just SAILED across your living room only to hit the ground, make impact and slide until it rest at the tiny paws of the only cat to NOT be underfoot and you realize this could only be worse if the wayward reading device had smacked her in the head!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I have lost a total of 5 pounds since following you! Poor kitties, poor knee and being an avid lover of all books, both paper and digital...poor Kindle!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers