Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Friday, February 4

Today's Gourmet - Bun-less Burgers!

Bun-less turkey burger anyone? Why, I don't mind if I do - TWICE. That's right, twice! I told you once before (or maybe a lot of times before) that I am a volume eater. I like a nice big dinner and having one keeps me out of the kitchen all night, so any chance I get to increase volume without blowing points or calories I am at it!
First - our ingredients: (These are all things that can be swapped and or left off!) I am on a spicy mustard kick, I started putting it on my Subway sandwiches and just picked some up the last time I hit the grocery. Banana peppers, another Subway staple that has made its way to my home cooking! Those large floppy lettuce leaves I saved from yesterday and a serving of ground extra lean turkey meat. Side dish will be baked mushrooms and the garlic and onions are for that. (I love, love, love pre-chopped onions! Such an easy, time saver!)I toss the mushrooms into a small baking dish that is lined with foil to make clean up easy peasy! I salt, pepper and then sprinkle with onions and garlic. Cover with more foil and stick them in a preheated oven at 415 degrees, those need to stay at least thirty minutes. You might notice that I do these often, but when I am making them with brown rice or whole wheat pasta I cook them longer to produce more juice for the dish!Usually I only eat one of these, tonight I am eating two. For one reason I need the protein and for another I am starving after my latest Zumba romp!Lay out two really large, bend-y leaves to start the wraps and get the burgers into a good starting position. Now, these are REALLY flat patties, remember I mentioned that the extra lean meat doesn't shrink, it doesn't get all puffy either, stays nice and thin.Add toppings of your choice, here I put spicy mustard to taste and my peppers.After selecting more good leaves I finish up the wrap and dress the other burger.Add the mushrooms and we have a lovely little dinner, low on calories and big on filling foods.
My friend Nari says that her family uses the large lettuce leaves as a stand in for taco shells - I think that is an awesome idea I will be using soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am sending my Hubby shopping today for your turkey burger wraps and shrooms for tonight's dinner. They look delicious. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers