Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Monday, February 7

Today's Gourmet - Super Bowl PIZZA

That's right, my little lovelies, pizza! I have eaten pizza THREE times since starting my weight loss journey at the end of May that fateful Saturday. (Once from Papa John's, I got SO sick after that! Once a piece I made for the kids and then tonight. This, of course, does not count pizza alternative made on FlatOut or Bagel Thins.
I wanted to do a build it step by step, and I started taking the pictures - only the super bowl was on and I got a bit distracted! Sorry. Thing is you peeps are smart enough to put a pizza together so let's just have a look-see at the ingredients!

LOVE nonstick cooking spray, it really is a step you must remember so that your pizza comes away nicely and you can cook the next pizza without a flippin' scrub-a-thon.Okay, glad I got a pic of this step, because it reminds me to say a few things that make building this pizza different than just making a pizza. I use the pre-made pizza crust - thin crust, because it is lower in calories. I don't like thin crust so I ignore the instructions when it says to pre-bake the crust, and I just go ahead and roll it out thick, poke a bunch of holes with a fork and cook after I dress it up! For sauce, I use the light Alfredo and to avoid using WAY TOO MUCH I mix a half a cup with the pretty much (but not all the way) drained spinach and then spread it.I added my primary cheese layer (2/3 cup) and then topped with mushrooms and finished with another 1/3 cup of cheese. Baked at the stated temperature for 10-12 minutes, or until tasty golden! A piece of fast food pizza is 5 points or more, this pizza figure to 4 points (roughly 173 calories) but I like making my pizzas better than ordering for a couple of reasons. 1) It isn't so greasy that it needs to be wiped down. 2) I control the quality of the ingredients, which means it taste awesome! 3) I can count the points and/or calories myself and not hope that the estimate they give is accurate!So, so good!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I haven't had spinach since I was a kid.. doest it taste pretty ok? I'm going to make this and upload some pics on my own blog.. it looks soo freaking good!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers