Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Monday, March 7

Grilled Vegetables Mediterranean

This was last Thursday's meal!
Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Mediterranean Inspired Grilled Vegetables Mediterranean. Again, it is not yet on caloriecount.com, and here we go:
Calories 220
Total Fat 2.5
Saturated Fat .5
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 600mg
Potassium 470mg
Total Carbohydrate 42g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugars 7g
Protein 6g

Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 6% Iron 10% Thiamine 10% Riboflavin 10% Vitamin B6 8% Vitamin B12 8% Pantothenic Acid 10% Phosphorus 20% Magnesium 15% Zinc 10% Selenium 15% Manganese 50%

Indiviual componets:
Vegies - A.
Rice - A-mazing! We will talk more about this below.
Sauce - Nope, this one is - while not bad - not really anything!
Overall meal:
Another perfectly cooked meal - and, as promised, I am going to go ahead and declare that you can just go ahead a bet on a well cooked lunch if you go with this line and set the microwave for the right amount of time. This sauce is a very weak (to the point of almost not being there) version of the previous Mediterranean meals sauce. (BTW - when I realized I did these on back to back days I saw my own lack of a smart choice.) I am a bit of a blander side of things person (cooking, this only applies to cooking) and if I notice something is a bit flat it is probably VERY flat for a person who really enjoys FLAVOR that punches the tongue. So, for me where I could maybe see a fail with the sauce there is a HUGE, RIDONKULOUS PASS with the rice. A PASS that makes me think all of these could be winners on some level. Ready? Rice. I love rice - I HATE REWARMED rice. I don't like it warmed later in the day, or fridge and then warmed and I can not stand frozen rice! So, now that you know that you can imagine the disdain that I approached this meal with (take whatever you imagined just now and times it by ten, still probably not enough!) This rice was - PERFECTLY cooked. It was as if I cooked it myself on the stove. Fluffy, soft with a bit of substance! I am about to say I love HC and their Cafe Steamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers