Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Monday, March 7

If you are looking for a weight loss program:

Calorie counting:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
This is an awesome calculator I use because it gives me how many calories I can eat and maintain, how many I can eat and lose a “little” and how many I can eat and lose “a lot” – so on days when I really am hungry I know I can eat as many as the highest number and not gain, but also if I stay under the rest of the week I lose! NEVER go under 1200 calories a day. (If you happen to have an off day at 1000 fine, but do not make it a habit! You will mess yourself up and even if you do lose you will gain back as soon as you eat normally.
Losetit app
Great for tracking calories on your iPhone or Android.
www.fitbit.com
If you are doing it on your pc I also REALLY like!
However, if you don’t have a phone that can track it is easiest to just carry around a little note book to write your foods down and a simple calorie counting book to have when you are unsure.


Weight watchers info:
http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php
A website with the food calculator.

http://www.dwlz.com/
A site with lots of points values and cooking tips and stuff.

How to Calculate How Many Weight Watchers Points You Get - THIS IS FOR THE OLD POINTS PROGRAM!!!! THIS IS NOT FOR POINTS PLUS!!!!

1. What do you weigh? Use the first two numbers of your weight. Example: If you weight 175 – use 17.

2. Are you: Example: If you are female use 2.
a. Male – 8.
b. Female – 2.

3. How old are you? Example: If you are 30 use 3.
a. 17ys-26ys – 4.
b. 27ys-37ys – 3.
c. 38ys-47ys – 2.
d. 48ys-58ys – 1.
e. Over 58ys – 0.

4. How at tall are you? Example: If you are 5’2” use 1.
a. Under 5’1” – 0.
b. 5’2”-5’10” – 1.
c. Over 5’11” – 2.

5. Do you spend most of your work day: Example: if you are a sales clerk at the Gap use 2.
a. Sitting (office worker) – 0
b. Mainly standing (Sales person, mom) – 2
c. Walking (postal worker) – 4
d. Physically hard work (Construction) – 6

6. NURSING MOMS:
a. Solely breastfeeding – 10.
b. Breast and bottle feeding – 5.

Now add up your numbers, if we did the example it would be 17+2+3+1+2=25 points a day.

Daily points MUST BE USED THAT DAY OR VOIDED! DO NOT ROLL OVER DALY POINTS!
Along with your daily points you get 35 extra points per week, to use a bit everyday or to splurge on something fun. Weekly points can not be rolled to the next week either!

Also, the books can be bought off ebay, so can calculators. If you do this talk to me and I will help you pick the right ones, so you don’t wind up buying a mix of new and old information. Mixing programs does not work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the info! I checked out that first link and there was some interesting info!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers