Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Friday, January 15

Out to lunch.

This was an awful day and I guess I gave up posting it half way through. If you enjoy stories that go no where and leave you screaming, AND THEN? go ahead and read it!
For Christmas my grandmother gave me an Olive Garden gift card. (Thank you, Granny!) Today my partner and I decided to use it. Now, here's the deal. I have been reading A LOT of blogs lately written by servers and really bashing us customers. I have always seen tipping as one of the few ways to buy Karma, and an easy way to make someone who was having a crap day have a really great one. Also, one of the great things about living in the blog-o-sphere is learning what others go through, so I was looking for ward to this trip to OG.
Let me stop here and say that I am a "water with lemon" drinker, not because I am cheap but because I like it and I try not to drink my calories. (Seriously, calories are worth so much more in foods that drinks. I will take lemon water and a burger over some fatty, fruity drink and a salad ANY day!) I know the look I am going to get when I order my water, and apparently 9 out of 10 times that look would apply, but I hate it anyway. It’s the look that says, “You are not going to tip so I am not going to be very helpful.” It comes with a great big fake smile and a lengthy disappearance between ordering drinks and having them come. Order almost anything and it will come out fast, water drinkers – we will just have to wait. That’s when my mind starts to tick off and I start to get upset. I am whole heartedly caught in a catch 22. If I tip the way I am treated then I just proved the stereotype right – water drinker equals shit tip.
We arrive at 2:30, there isn’t a wait and we are sat in seconds. It’s me and my girl friend and we have a table for two, so no extra space is being taken up. Our server appears and we order our waters, mine with lemon. The look is given and she disappears for the first time. I take this time to look around and realize that we are one of very few tables dinning at this point. Great, we should get grand service and move pretty quickly. Roughly five minutes later a group of three old ladies arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers