Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Wednesday, July 7

Prunes ~ plums but ickier!

I know that they are good for me, though I am not sure exactly why... Hold on. (Flippin' wait a sec I am reading!) So, because I care SO much about the quality of the information I provide to you, dear reader, I went over to Google and looked it up a bit. Naturally I wound up on the pages of Wikipedia, a non-censored, user provided knowledge base that can be as far from right or as perfectly right on at any given time and I got this little nodule of smarty-pants: Prune juice is made by softening prunes through steaming and then putting them through a pulper to create a watery puree. Prunes and their "juice" contain the natural laxative dihydrophenylisatin (related to isatin).[3] Faster results are obtained by heating the prune juice. Prunes also contain dietary fiber (about 6%, or 0.06 g per gram of prune). Prunes and prune juice are thus common home remedies for constipation. Prunes also have a high antioxidant content.[4] In China, the popular summer drink suanmeitang, made with sour prunes (umeboshi), is sometimes thought to have positive effects on acidity in the body.
Now, the laxative benefit is why I choked down these sick little things. I don't know what it was, but I was feeling blocked and in an effort to get things - uh, should we say - unstuck, I gave up two of my most precious points and had at it with seven of these bad (seriously) boys.
They worked within five hours and I felt a lot better, so much so that I now have the geriatric size container of prunes sitting on my desk at work. No shame, none at all! Anyway, the GoB loves them as a snack and whether you are looking to regulate or to snack you should try them. You could wind up liking them and that is a good thing. (Apparently.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers