Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Tuesday, July 6

Today's Gourmet (Uh, not actually TODAY, but more like the past few days.)

Here is the gourmet of the last few days in no real order;
I finally took a picture of my taco salad. It's relatively low in points and really fills you up! I use three ounces of ground turkey (with taco seasoning) at 4 pts, fat free re-fried beans at 1 pt, zero fat Greek yogurt (plain) at 0 pts, a sprinkle of cheese and a bowl full of iceberg lettuce both counted as 0 pts. That's right a 5 point taco salad. If you really want to kick it up add some tortilla chips made with Olean.
Yellow (or orange) watermelon. SO GOOD! Like candied watermelon, and fun to look at! One cup is 1 point!
Falafel - OMG. I had been craving this and finally having it was awesome. I made them from a mix and it was four points for four patties! To throw it into overdrive I made my own yogurt sauce for zero points out of Greek yogurt, garlic salt, green onions and cumin!
Angel food cake is a naturally WW friendly cake. It's only 2 points for 1/6th of a 10 inch cake. I added a table spoon of light whipped topping for 1 point and a few berries for 0 points. Bam! Heaven in your mouth for what? WHAT? That is right, 3 points.
Finally, my omelet. My pride and joy of the last week or so. Let them say nothing if they do not say that Little FAT can rock the heck out of any breakfast (once again I typed breakfat) food. That omelet is proof that with WW you can eat good and well and still lose. It is all about really knowing what a portion should be. Three egg white - 0, browned onions - 0, green oinons - 0, salsa - 0, half of a serving (1/8th a cup) of queso cheese sauce - 1.5 (I counted it as 2.) That is right, an amazing cheese omelet for 2 points. I decided to use a pat of butter and add two points next time. Awesome, if I do say so. (And, of course, I do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers