Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Sunday, July 4

The situation so far...

(A 'for fun' note: when I typed the title I originally typed "The situation so fat..." which is both humorous and oddly fitting. Don't you think?) So had I taken pictures this post would have been a Yesterday's Gourmet, but I didn't and so, it is not. I am posting a picture of my food tracker, so we can go over that. Together, out loud, as a class!
It was pretty easy to rack up points, and considering I actually didn't go too crazy with quantity it's kind of nuts to think that I ate this many points. My point total for yesterday was double my everyday allowance - 58! Can we say that again - 58! Whoa, what? I figured I would go through and really look at where I used those points. What would I have done different had I been counting?
Breakfast - I can tell you would have been without orange juice. I got the juice because it was a free day, I was on the road, and because we have had orange juice in our fridge for GoB's drinks the last week and I wanted it only not at the cost of 2 points! Drinks - another easy thing to point out, I would have had one if any and I would have done it after I knew what my daily point were or would be. Potentially saving 2-4 points. Over the whole day - I would not have had Cheerios with 2% milk, 4 pts. I would have skipped the sausage, 3 pts. My burgers are usually made of turkey as I had two ground beef burgers that would have been a total savings of 2 pts. Regular cake, I don't think so - 8 pts. Pasta and shrimp salad, which really isn't THAT bad at only 2.5 points a serving (thought WW actually does not let you half points so officially it would be called 3 pts) I would have only ate it once - 2.5 pts. Chips and cheese dip - again, would NEVER happen in the day to day, 6 pts. That would be a, wait, let me count... 28.5-30.5 (depending on that drinky-drink!)
On the flip side, if I had not made this lifestyle change, I honestly can't even imagine how yesterday would have gone! Sausage, burnt black and crispy, on bread with mayo. Hot dogs, chili and cheese. Cheese dip by the cup full with ample cheese sogged (it's my world here, sogged is a word, so don't pretend you don't know what it's meaning is) chips. Daiquiris, sodas. Burgers, with mayo and sausage on them. Chicken, unlimited. Hold that, all of those things would have been unlimited! The points for an entire week or two would have been in my stomach, probably before noon.
Considering my somewhat responsible eating yesterday I was surprised and disappointed by the fact that I became incredibly ill. Not disappointed as in, "Oh, how I wish I could eat even more crap." More like, "Wow, had I known I would feel this bad I would not have done that!" Once again, I thank the Lord above that I was sick, I have no urge to do that again! Also, after having that amazing weight loss and then not being able to tolerate junk, I feel like I am re-infused with energy and will to get on with my life. I feel like after I lose this weight and have the surgery that I will probably need to fix my skin, My life will actually start! Now that is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers