Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Sunday, August 1

A pointless day?

I have not allowed myself a truly pointless day at all since I started WW eleven weeks ago. I did not intend to now, but life worked it out a little different. Yesterday I had a birthday to take little Lou to from one – four and we had an appointment with a “cat lady” in another state at six. My day started at 6:45 AM when I got up and got dressed for my meeting, had to wear different pants. I was not happy. Down 1.2 isn’t bad so I rolled with it, knowing its better for the journey to take a while and last forever. I got home, still having to design an Alice in Wonderland themed costume for little Lou, I went right to cooking breakfast for everyone. Um, everyone BUT me. We ran out of eggs and I wasn’t in the mood, or with the time, to figure something out. After fashioning what I deemed a very nice costume we were off.
The party was a fancy affair and there were lots of foods that I would not touch. I opted for a few cheese squares, four sandwich triangles and LOTS of fruit. I have no idea how much fruit, but I know I passed up the pizza, cake, crackers, ice cream, cup cakes… I drank lots of water, I got through it.
We left the party and we started our two and a half hour trek to the new kitten, Molly. I had a headache to kill and when we stopped for gas I picked up a V8 and it really mad me feel good. Nice perk up, in fact – for me – I think it is better than an energy drink. It would have been two points at the most, but I didn’t count or care at that point! After hanging out and picking our kitten, a beautiful seal point Siamese girl, we hit the road. It’s 8:38 PM at this point and we are starved!
We pull into the first McDonald’s drive through. This upset me a bit, that I couldn’t go to Subway. With a kitten left in the car I just couldn’t do anything other than drive through. :( It was the first time I ate at McDonald’s in eleven weeks and I didn’t have my dining out book. I ordered a honey mustard grilled chicken Snack Wrap and hoped for the best – 6 points BTW. I also ordered a small, nonfat milk, vanilla latte – again, I would have loved to have a V8 but I couldn’t leave Lou or the new baby in the car alone.
I thought and thought and at first I was like, “There is no way I used all my day point AND all my extra points. I will just cancel out all my extra and be strict for the week.” Only, I feel like that would be setting myself up to fail. In reality I am proud of how I handled things, avoiding the bad, eating small amounts of the “could be dangerous” foods, loading up on fresh fruit, making good choices at McD’s. I am going to be careful this week, to work out and to be mindful. I am not going to punish like I once would have. I also am not going to skip counting points, at least not for another eleven weeks or so. I don’t like how lost I felt last night as I drove home.

1 comment:

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers