Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Wednesday, June 23

I apologize in advance for this.

This post is about burgers. Yum-yum, delish, oohh pass the ketchup, burgers. Recently in my life, which as I am going to be 30 this year (at the very, very end) I consider anything with in the last 3 years, I discovered the Eat, This Not That! people. They do a little blurb for Yahoo! and I have liked a lot of what they have to say. In fact, I want to buy their 2010 book. This week’s blurb (link below) was about burgers.
I have found a way to make healthy burgers, and it helps me to get through the time when all I think I want is fast food. I use ground turkey, fresh tomato, lettuce, onions (just like pizza, the more veggies you can pile onto something the better and better it becomes for you!) The BIGGEST, or should I say smallest, change is portion – the meat on your plate should be no bigger than a deck of cards. Yeah, chew on that for a while – you can’t after three chews it’s gone! Still it is true. When you think of quarter pounders and triple deckers – think of the fact that an adult should (if eating fast food) in reality only be eating a regular, small, kids burger! (Now imagine if you let your 10 year old eat a double stack! I know, right?)
It’s a crazy world out there and weight is both our fault and not at the same time. You have to be educated and understand what you are eating. Often healthy sounding dishes are full of hidden fat and WAY over sized. While the Eat, This Not That! people never say it directly, that I have read, one offender always featured is Cheesecake Factory. They have wonderful, often time healthy, sounding dishes and are always at the top of the “Not That” list.
BTW, that burger pictured – it is (was at the time of the picture) world record holder as largest burger and it weighs in at 198 pounds! Fun, right?

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/worst-burgers-america-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers