Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Saturday, June 12

Today's Gourmet ~ IHOP, good and bad.

Let me start with a quick "Shame on you, IHOP." Any company that list Is nutritional information available? as a frequently asked question and then gives the answer that: Currently we do not offer this information on our website. IHOP offers a wide variety of food that should allow most people to choose a meal that suits their dietary needs, as found here is kind of dropping the ball. Or not giving a shit. Or hiding something. Makes you think, huh? If not, it should. First off how could on choose a meal with their dietary need in mind if they have no idea what they are eating?
I would venture to say that it is pretty bad, because why else hide?
On the other hand the have a new? (I think.) New menu called IHOP for me and they not only offer the nutrition, they are so proud of themselves that they stick that information on the menu. However they leave off the fiber so getting an accurate point count is out. I decided just to assume the fiber is zero and came up with my meal costing 7 points (I went with 8 to be safe.). I had the Spinach, Mushroom, and Tomato Omelet for Me, my omelet came with a side of fruit and I added a side of hash browns because, for me, those are the reason to go to IHOP in the first place and if what they say in the meeting about not denying yourself is true I had to eat them! From what I can come up with fast food, one serving (or one cup) it's 5 points. Now, there was a time that an order would be five cups, but the order was small. (Perhaps due to the economy, I have heard that many restaurants are making portions smaller. Kinds sucks that economy can do what concern for a healthy nation can not.) Also, I shared it. Yay, me.
Anyway, it was a long day. However, we weathered it well. In good spirits, happy. I snacked healthy on a quick break. No fat yogurt and bran flake cereal. That really helped get me to IHOP at 9:30 without going stark raving Mad Hatter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers