Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Saturday, June 12

Tracker Keeper

There are few things in this world that give me the same high as completion. I think that is because I have severe ADHD and so often completeing a task - to it's fullest, realist level - doesn't happen for me. I used to get real upset when people point that out or would comment on it. The truth is that when I get that way it's because I already have such a hostility built up with myself over the issue. I am going to be thirty this year and I actually had the same pen until it ran out of ink for the first time about three years ago. It was an amazing moment for me. I finished something. I did it!
I think that is why the small weekly point Tracker from my WW meetings make me so excited! It's only seven days and I can keep up with seven days! I don't punish myself if I slip up on the fullness tracker at the bottom, though I will tell you that that is a handy tool and calls attention to my weakest times. It also helps me think, because I fill it out BEFORE I have a snack or meal and I think about how I am really feeling. Mentally I will think about gorging on something in the work mini fridge, then I plot myself (honestly) on the fullness tracker and it's often that I only need something light. It might be because I am not that hungry and it might be because I only have a half hour to lunch - whateve, it helps me control my food habit.
I also punish myself with my "extra" bank of points that is now easy to track because of that side portion of my weekly Tracker. Everyday I take away two bank points to cover any miscellaneous points I might not think count. (Like in the way that a half cup of veggies might be zero but I ate a half cup and then picked an extra mushroom.) I also punish myself for being weak. (Like if I feel I made a dub choice, it might only be a technical four points and that is all I record for my day, but I take away five more of my bank.) They say not to punish, but it works for me.
A the end of each week I write my loss or gain - I hope not - on the out side and keep them so that if I get stuck I can easily go back to a week that worked and plan out my meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers