Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Wednesday, June 9

$ $ $ It's hard to feed a family, much less yourself.

It's not easy to afford fresh fruits and vegetables these days. Considering that these are the zero point foods (because they are naturally healthy) being on WW makes you notice just how scary trying to work them into your regular diet can be, price wise. Thankfully there are groups that help, groups like Angel Food Ministries who let you place an order ahead of time and then pick the food up later - basically buying bulk with a whole sh*t load of other people. While they do accept food stamps they have no earning requirements, they don't even ask if you are employed. All you have to do is get your order in on time and BAM you get your food. Every month they have a signature box that basically feeds a family of four for a week for 30ish dollars. While that is awesome, I have a picky-ish family so I don't find that always a great option for us. The have a fresh produce box for 20ish dollars and usually several "griller" boxes to choose from, with steak and chicken and burgers, for between 20-30 dollars. AFM also has allergen free boxes and meals prepacked for seniors or people on the go (diabetics included.) I live in a poorish (man there is a lot of the 'ish going around, huh?) area and we have one very locally. My aunt lives in the country and she has one. Check it out, you might have one near by that can help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers