Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Tuesday, June 15

I love you, Olestra!

Olestra, or as some people might know it, Olean is a fat substitute. It adds no fat or calories to the food it is used in or to cook. Now, because of Olestra the beautiful chips called Ruffles Light and several other types are available for next to no points.
Let's do a compare the points project. Original Ruffles has 160 calories, 10 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber per 1 ounce serving; the point value, 4. Ruffles Light w/ Olean has 70 calories, 0 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber per 1 ounce serving; the point value, 1. Hello!
BTW the side effect of consuming to much Olestra is steatorrhea, which is pretty gross. However, if you use these products as an alternative when you really want or need to snack (bad day, movie night, ect.) and you don't rely on them heavily in your day to day diet you should be fine. I mean, face it, potato chips are not healthy. Period. This is just a slightly better way to do something that you'd do anyway at a much more drastic cost to yourself and your weight loss goal. On a back note, I threw in the WTF tag on this post because steatorrhea - seriously? Ewww.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers