Little FAT Me

I work full time and I barely have time to breathe. In 2005 hurricane Katrina rearranged my life, since then I have gained roughly 80-90 pounds. I believe that it started in depression and became an addiction. I have started and failed many diets and then decided that MAYBE if I combine diet and exercise with blogging and shopping I might be able to find success. This is the story of 2010 and my struggle to rise above addiction, pain, depression and fat.
My photo
30. Mother. Wife. Artist. Psychic (sensitive.) Writer. Singer. Rain dancer. Lover. Daughter. Sister. Child of God.

The road to MY PERSONAL goal BMI/weight!

Friday, June 4

Keeping busy.

There are a lot of things that are helping me stay off the food drugs and commit this time. I would say that prayer is a big one. Not like I went to bed, said a prayer and BAM woke up changed. No, I have been praying that one day my story could be a success story, one day I would have the courage to testify. I said, "God, let be be a size that I would be comfortable talking to many, for You." It wasn't like He straight talked to me, but I heard Him in my heart. He said, "You are ready, you just have to step up." That's right, He will give you strength but He will not do for you. Not if you are able bodied, and I am.
After God, I have the support of my family. My beautiful partner is currently WW with me. My Auntie and my BFF are also checking in. My (hatefully) skinny sister cheers me on and my daughter, while sad that I won't be round as she has come to think mothers should be, is still happy that her mother is getting healthier everyday!
I have my blog - I swear, I just bring my obsession, my fears, my thoughts and my cravings and I lay them on this blog and it works! I also bring my victories and it's been awesome. To have this space and have this time.
As another weekend approaches and the children will be with MiMi I thought to myself - keep busy. Find things other than food to do. I decided to embark on a sewing journey. I am heading to the fabric store this afternoon, after I get my hair did - that's right! Getting the hair DONE! Yay! Anyway, I want to make dresses and a bag of some sort - maxi style dresses. Not dresses this weekend, I will be happy just having a dress done this weekend. I just might, too!
See how badly I need something done to my hair? I'll post another pic sometime this weekend of the Ta-DA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I started moderating comments due to spammers - please don't let this discourage you! I love to get and respond to comments!

Youtube.com Contest!

Blog Archive

Followers